Welcome to Rivendell Canine Hydrotherapy Centre
This service was launched in January 2019 by myself, Heather Carter and Kevin Clayton. We both have a passion for hydrotherapy: we were introduced to hydro when Heather’s own gorgeous golden retriever Morse was diagnosed with a degenerative spinal condition back in 2007 (he was very used to swimming after lots of visits to the beach so he took to it like a duck!). The help and support hydrotherapy gave him in the last 2 years of his life was tremendous and without this we would have lost him through deterioration within 6 months of his diagnosis.
Knowing how much water therapy helps our beloved canine companions, we decided we wanted to provide other pet owners with an accommodating and affordable hydrotherapy centre.
We are a small, very personal team and like to give our patients time, care, love and support.
- Rehabilitation – canine hydrotherapy, in conjunction with veterinary treatment, can improve the rate of healing following surgery or injury. We use hydrotherapy to help with rehabilitation so there is an increased chance of returning your pet to full health and fitness.
- Chronic disease – hydrotherapy is recommended by vets as part of a balanced treatment for chronic musculoskeletal conditions including arthritis, muscle and spinal injuries, and hip and elbow dysplasia.
- Conditioning and general fitness – swimming is warm and great exercise, increasing stamina and conditioning. It is ideal for show dogs or competition dogs (eg. those participating in agility or flyball) to build muscle and tone, and increase fitness.
- Weight loss – overweight and obese dogs can build fitness and lose weight as a result of exercise in a hydrotherapy pool without putting excessive weight on their joints.
- Fun – lots of dogs really enjoy swimming and just come to swim for fun!
The prices are as follows:
Hydrotherapy £30 per swin session
Fun Swim & Weight control £25 per session
If you purchase 6 sessions you get your 7th Free of charge